Just minutes west of Sebastopol sits this charming and updated home is nestled on 2.3 serene acres on a quiet, no-outlet road – and pleasant 40 minute walk to downtown Sebastopol.
More than a place to call “home”, this is your new sustainable live-work-entertain-retreat center.
A unique place within an old-world setting; The heritage apple trees were planted by the Germone family over 100 years ago. Since then we’ve planted other assorted fruit trees, and the land is now also home to 8 ducks, 2 geese, 9 chickens, and 50 koi and gold fish, and an archery range (a great way to entertain nieces and nephews!). All that and there is still plenty of room for you to add, create, change, hack, modify and grow your own vision and version of a peaceful, sustainable lifestyle here.
The main house features an updated country-cottage style kitchen with both gas and electric hookup possibility. Currently there is a hyper-efficient induction stove that takes advantage of the free energy from the solar panels. The kitchen has hardwood floors, as does the living room. The Living room is spacious, has a fireplace insert, and has gorgeous sweeping views of the every changing grapes leaves growing on the other side of the country lane.
Connected to the main kitchen is a separate apothecary/farm-kitchen with all new cork flooring. The media room right next door is ready for 7′ movies, green-screening, music or video recording with 2 ISO vocal/instrumental booths that can double as storage – or use it as another guest room, yoga room, or spacial farm office. The separate entrance to a guest suite provides for potential income, come-and-go guests, or the perfect place for in-laws, it features a wood burning stove, full kitchen and own bathroom. This suite can connect to the main house through an adjoining storage/wash room, or it can be kept separate for more privacy.
Key sustainable features:
- All new (2019) Solar panels,
- A new “Top of the hill” well was installed in 2014 –
It is 253 feet deep,
produces 20 GPH,
into 2 separate 3000 gallon tanks,
depth of static water level: 60 feet.
Because it’s at the top of the hill some water still flows when the power is out.
But, there’s also a safe power cut-over switch you can hook up to your generator, so you can safely run the well with the power is out.
- Clean, cute and efficient Duck and Chicken coops (producing roughly 8 eggs a day)
- Built-in Advanced Worm Composting system (make perfect worm compost without needing to go outside).
- Vegetable garden with 8 locally made redwood raised beds.
- Herb garden
- 8′ x 6′ Green house
- Relaxing Pond: A 2,400 gallon lined pond, great for watering plants with super nutrient charged water, cooling yourself in the hot summer, or for watching while meditating. We challenge you to be stressed while watching your 50 Koi and goldfish lulling about.
- Electric Utility Cart (EZ-Go) to calmly, silently move your soil, straw bales, chicken feed, produce, party supplies, etc.